All parents know that being a Mum or a Dad is the hardest job in the world!
Sometimes we could all do with a little help – and the RISE Trust Family Visiting Service is here to help you!
About RISE and the Family Visiting Service (FVS)
The Family Visiting Service is a completely free, confidential service for families in Chippenham and the surrounding villages. The service can be accessed by anyone with a young family regardless of status or family situation.
The family may access the FVS by referral from Health Visitors, Social Services or school/pre-school but also by self-referral. Volunteers visit families in their own homes to provide whatever practical help and support families have identified.
The aims of the Family Visiting Service
- To encourage parents to develop skills and confidence in their parenting role.
- To develop parents’ understanding of their child’s development and needs.
- To encourage parents to access other local services/groups at the Children’s Centres which will build further on their confidence, parenting skills and opportunities for interaction with others.
- To offer an on-going service with no cut off date – the family, volunteer and FVS Manager work together to decide the right time to end or reduce the support given.
- To befriend local families in need of adult company, support and advice.
- To meet the needs of each family as an individual unit and provide suitable support. Arrangements for exactly what support each family feel will benefit them most is agreed between the FVS Manager, the family and volunteer. This can be changed at any time.
- To help develop routines and strategies to aid parents in organising their lives.
- To help with the feelings of loneliness and isolation often felt after the birth of a new baby.
The ultimate aim is for the family to feel empowered to be able to take control of their own lives.
Which families need additional support?
Children don’t come with an instruction manual, each child and family is different and being a parent is the hardest job in the world!
We find there are many different reasons why a family may need additional support and we help families from all walks of life.
How do I access the Family Visiting Service?
If you would like to chat with us about our service, please do get in touch. A quick chat can explain in detail what support we could offer your family – and if you decide it’s not right for you, you are free to walk away.
We never judge a family – everyone is welcome at the RISE Children’s Centres.
Our service is completely confidential and you control the days and times of visits and the period of time you wish the visits to continue for.
We are here to help you to discover the confidence and skills to enable you to feel in control again.
To discuss your individual situation please contact Vicky Watt on
Tel 01249 445288 or
Would you be interested in joining our team of FVS volunteers? If so, please see the page ‘Getting Involved’ for more information.