Mentoring in Secondary Schools
The RISE Trust runs the ‘Mentoring’ programme in Chippenham secondary schools which provides valuable one-to-one adult interaction with a trained member of staff. This service is provided through a Service Level Agreement with The RISE Trust and takes place at the secondary school.
- A mentor is seen as a ‘neutral’ and the child can talk without being judged.
- Mentoring is about building a relationship of trust and respect, and then journeying with the young person.
- A mentoring session may be chatting, playing a game or doing an arts and craft activity but often the student wants to talk about their feelings and problems.
- We give a listening ear to the young person.
- Our trained mentors are not counsellors, and cannot make decisions for the students.
- The mentoring sessions take place in school for typically 30 – 40 minutes once or twice a month.
Contact us for more information and an initial discussion.
Contact us here.