The RISE Children’s Centres IMPORTANT INFORMATION – 17/3/20
This is an update on RISE services as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic.
As of today ALL sessions and courses are cancelled including Mum2Mum Breastfeeding Peer Support groups. We will NOT be taking any further room bookings until further notice.
A decision on Health Visitor clinics being delivered in Children’s Centres will be made later today so please call the relevant centre and/ or the Health Visitors SPA 0300-247-0090 before coming to a centre. Anyone with a health appointment booked in a Children’s Centre will need to contact the relevant agency to check it is still going ahead.
We are endeavouring to keep all 4 RISE Children’s Centres open as long as possible – The RISE, Spring Rise, Calne and RWB Children’s Centres. However this will be following social distancing protocol resulting in reduced staffing, ie 2 staff members per centre, 9am-3pm every day. We want to do this so families still have a safe space to come to if a family is in crisis, plus it also means phones can be manned and messages can be passed to relevant staff who are working from home and other agencies.
Please note that if someone is considering attending one of our centres they should not come if they are self-isolating or feeling unwell. We will be asking screening questions on arrival.
Children’s Centres will be doing essential Outreach home visiting ONLY with these stipulations –
• The family must consent to having a visit and confirm there is no illness in the home.
• RISE staff are again implementing social distancing and hand washing.
Support services continuing for families
• Outreach support will continue through phone calls, video links, texts and email. Families will still be able to contact their Outreach worker.
• Any family with under 5s can still phone in for support and advice including ideas for things to do with their children.
• We understand that this will be a challenging time for families therefore we are available as a listening ear.
• We will be posting activity ideas, top tips, advice and guidance on our Facebook pages and website regularly.
This information was correct at the time of publishing and further updates will be posted/ emailed as and when advice changes.
Any queries please do not hesitate to phone one of our four Children’s Centres:
The RISE, Chippenham: 01249-463040
Spring Rise, Chippenham: 01249-464008