Please click the link for our current list of vacancies….
Why does the RISE Trust need Volunteers
Without volunteers the RISE Trust would not be able to reach the number of people, young and old, that need us across Chippenham. Volunteers provide a valuable source of experience and knowledge that enrich the services provided by the Trust. The rewards of volunteering are immense; from the pleasure of knowing that you have brightened up someone’s day by being there to the satisfaction of seeing someone develop their potential and grow in confidence.
Which services need Volunteers?
You can volunteer for any of our services:
- Sessions at the Children’s Centres
- Sessions run at other local venues
- Family Visiting Service
- Youth Groups
- Mentoring in schools
- Seniors’ Community Lunches
- Early Excellence Centres at The Oaks, Frogwell and Charter School
- And many more……..
The Rise Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. For all volunteers The Rise Trust will seek references, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) and require you to participate in Induction, Safeguarding and Child Protection training.
The Rise Trust will reimburse all reasonable expenses as appropriate.
Volunteering is good for your career
- 94% of employees who volunteered to learn new skills had benefited either by getting their first job, improving their salary or being promoted (Timebank)
- 73% of employers would employ a candidate with volunteering experience over one without (Timebank)
- Employers see volunteering as a great way to improve team working skills, self confidence and communication
Volunteering is good for your health!
- 25% of people who volunteer more than 5 times a year say volunteering has helped them lose weight
- 20% of people who have volunteered for over 2 yrs and 19% of those who volunteer once a month or more say volunteering helps them drink less alcohol
- Nearly 1/3 of 14-25 year old smokers say volunteering helps them smoke less
- 15% of all volunteers say volunteering led them to eat less chocolate!! (ICM Research)
How do I apply to be a Volunteer?
Applying to become a volunteer is simple. Just contact Vicky Watt at The Rise Children’s Centre on:
Tel: 01249 445288 or
and she will send you our volunteering pack.
Our latest Volunteer Newsletter will appear here…
REMEMBER you will get the satisfaction of knowing that YOU have helped to deliver a valuable service to the people who need it most – thank you