The RISE Children’s Centres IMPORTANT INFORMATION – 17/3/20
This is an update on RISE services as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic.
As of today ALL sessions and courses are cancelled including Mum2Mum Breastfeeding Peer Support groups. We will NOT be taking any further room bookings until further notice.
A decision on Health Visitor clinics being delivered in Children’s Centres will be made later today so please call the relevant centre and/ or the Health Visitors SPA 0300-247-0090 before coming to a centre. Anyone with a health appointment booked in a Children’s Centre will need to contact the relevant agency to check it is still going ahead.
We are endeavouring to keep all 4 RISE Children’s Centres open as long as possible – The RISE, Spring Rise, Calne and RWB Children’s Centres. However this will be following social distancing protocol resulting in reduced staffing, ie 2 staff members per centre, 9am-3pm every day. We want to do this so families still have a safe space to come to if a family is in crisis, plus it also means phones can be manned and messages can be passed to relevant staff who are working from home and other agencies.
Please note that if someone is considering attending one of our centres they should not come if they are self-isolating or feeling unwell. We will be asking screening questions on arrival.
Children’s Centres will be doing essential Outreach home visiting ONLY with these stipulations –
• The family must consent to having a visit and confirm there is no illness in the home.
• RISE staff are again implementing social distancing and hand washing.
Support services continuing for families
• Outreach support will continue through phone calls, video links, texts and email. Families will still be able to contact their Outreach worker.
• Any family with under 5s can still phone in for support and advice including ideas for things to do with their children.
• We understand that this will be a challenging time for families therefore we are available as a listening ear.
• We will be posting activity ideas, top tips, advice and guidance on our Facebook pages and website regularly.
This information was correct at the time of publishing and further updates will be posted/ emailed as and when advice changes.
Any queries please do not hesitate to phone one of our four Children’s Centres:
The RISE, Chippenham: 01249-463040
Spring Rise, Chippenham: 01249-464008
Due to the everchanging situation with regards to the Coronavirus, please be aware of the following:
• If you want to attend a group / session that The Rise Trust run, check our Facebook pages or website.
• Contact 01249 463040 if you are still unsure or have any further queries.
• Please do not attend if you have been / feel unwell.
• You will be expected to wash your hands on entry and exit.
• To avoid any possible cross contamination, we will not be providing any food or drink for the foreseeable future. Please bring your own.
We will keep you updated as much as possible. Thank you for your cooperation at this challenging time.
See link below from Wiltshire Council to Community Support Toolkit around Coronavirus Covid-19
Please read our advice on the Coronavirus and an outline of the RISE policy on how it may affect you attending our courses and sessions.
Wiltshire Council are seeking parent/carers views on whether we have sufficient childcare in the County. Please encourage all Wiltshire residents with child(ren) aged 0-14 (or 0-19 with a disability) to complete our anonymous online survey. This will run until the 21 March. Thank you for your support. Please click the link to take you to the online survey……..Online survey
The government is closely monitoring the spread of the Coronavirus and is taking action at home and abroad.
The overall risk of Coronavirus to the UK remains moderate. However, we understand that people may be concerned where there are children, students or staff returning from or visiting China.
Public Health England and the Foreign Office have issued advice for anyone travelling to the area. This can be found at:
Latest information and advice can also be found at https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
The Duchess of Cambridge has launched a landmark survey to provide “vital information” about early years development. Add your voice to this important conversation and help us bring about lasting change for children, families and communities in the UK.
Click on the link to take you to the survey…..https://5bigquestions.org.uk/